I’m going to show you how to deactivate or disable a discord account. If you want to take a break from your discord account or you do not want to use your discord account, you can deactivate or disable your discord account. So, how can you do that? Well, you can do it very easily.
In this tutorial, I’m going to show you how to delete your Discord account.
Follow these easy steps to deactivate or disable your discord account:
First, Transfer your ownership
To disable your account, you have to transfer your ownership of all servers you own to other members or your other discord account. Without the ownership transfer, you can not go further for disable process. So, how can you transfer your all server ownership?
- So, first you need to open your discord app. Login to your account if you are not logged in.
- Then go to the User’s server. In my case it is “DaRusher’s Server”, you can see it in the image. Click on the arrow icon and you will see several options have appeared.
- From those options, select the “Server settings” option and you will see that a setting window has appeared.
- Now, go to the “Members” menu. Now hover your mouse on your desired member or your other account, you will see a three-dot icon and click on the icon. Few options will appear and you have to select the “Transfer ownership” option.
- Your server ownership will be successfully transferred.
- Now, you are eligible to delete your account. See the next process.
Account Disable Process
If you have transferred your ownership successfully, then it is time to disable your discord account. Follow the following steps:
- First, go to the “User settings” option which is located on the bottom left side of the app.
- Then go to the “My Account” menu and click on the “Disable account” option.
- You will see that a dialog box has appeared. Input your password and click the “Disable account” button. Boom! You successfully disabled your account.
So, if you want to reactivate your disabled discord account, you can do that as well, read our blog post How to reactivate discord account, you will get an easy solution.
So I hope you have understood how you can disable your discord account. If you have any kind of question regarding this tutorial, feel free to ask in the comment section below. I will be glad to assist you. Stay in touch with 5minutessolution.com for more solutions.